Ten Fantastic Holidays For Children With Autism
The state of autism spectrum disorder refers to the state when the affected person is unable to interact socially and have behavioral as well as communicational issues. The impact of this disorder can range from mild to severe. The symptoms can be observed since early childhood and continue into adulthood. Bringing up a child with autism can be challenging for parents too,.
The children can make it difficult for parents to cope with the situation sometimes in public places as they portray unusual behavior.
Few problems faced by such parents include:-
1) Inappropriate touching in public places2) Child trying to pervade other people’s personal space
3) Being stubborn for someone’s belongings
4) Making inappropriate gestures or unusual behavior like flapping hands or spinning around objects
5) An extreme display of anger, affection, laughter or any other emotion
6) Being unresponsive
8) Disregard for other people
Many times parents become stressful and to lessen the stress they want to take their kids with autism on holiday but find it hard where to take them, so we have compiled a list of 10 autism-friendly hotels, cottages, and resorts at different destinations that cater for families with children with autism.
1) The Breverton Blackpool UK Situated in Lytham St Annes is one of the ideal guesthouses that are perfectly fit for autism affected kids. The guest house offers excellent disabled facilities and is not far from the holiday resort of Blackpool and is an ideal quiet location to return to after days out. The guesthouse is close to wide range activities on offer nearby. We highly recommend this guest house hotel, it also gets a very impressive 9.7 guest rating on our website!
2) Cow Shed Cottage. The Cottage is situated near Skegness in Lincolnshire UK. The owners have children with autism so they are fully sympathetic to the difficulties facing families with children with this challenge.The cottage is situated only 600 yards form the small town of Helsey.
3) Glebe House Cottages are located in Cornwall UK close to the Devon border. The cottages have a large garden also woodland and a warm and relaxing outdoor pool, a child-friendly adventure zone, tennis court and games room. The cottages are only 10 minutes from a lovely sandy beach.
4) Centre Algarve is situated at Sitio Da Fornalha, Moncarapacho Portugal and has many facilities for children with autism including Sensory gardens, Child-safe wheelchair accessible petting zoo, Paddling pool with hot tub, swimming pool, Soft child play sensory room, A children’s sandpit play area. kids swings and slides, Grassy area for children to play, Discovery Centre incorporating Education Center and so much more.
5) Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites are located at Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Bavaro has been one of the favorite destinations with beaches for families. Grand Palladium Bavaro has the biggest kids’ club in the Caribbean. The resort has an IBCCE certification with staff that has been trained for autism families. Right from the dietary options, there is a massive pirated themed mini club for kids with specially trained counselors and sensory-friendly quiet spaces.
6) Tradewinds Island Resort is located in Florida on St. Pete Beach, this resort has received certification from the center for autism and related disabilities in 2010. Since then, the hotel has been offering its guests the very relaxing locations taking care of their guests with special needs.
7) Clonakilty Park Hotel is located in Ireland, Clonakilty is Ireland’s first autism-friendly town. And this hotel has been an accredited ‘autism-friendly champion’ that has well-trained staff to welcome people with autism.
8) Fantasea Resorts Atlantic City, has been designed to be accessible to everyone including people with disabilities or special needs as the staff has been trained well for the same.
9) The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, Canada, This is one of the favorite destinations for families having children with autism as the hotel provides a variety of innovative services for their guests. The staff has been trained well for care. One superb perk for autism kids here is ‘fidget kits’ filled with special toys and textures.
10) Smugglers Notch, Jefferson Villa, Vermont, This has been voted number1 family ski resort by the Ski Magazine. The resort provides special adaptive programs rendering therapeutic recreation for children and adults with autism.
So If you are parents of kids with autism there is no need to worry about going on holiday that’s if you pick the right accommodation. The accommodation listed above has been handpicked to give a range of dwellings and destinations that suit families with autistic children.